Monday, January 23, 2012

Week 2 - My Review of the Week


During this week I’ve gained more knowledge and experience related to web search and EFL teaching. I found readings for the best web search very helpful and efficient while looking for any topic of my interest. I think they will save my time and efforts because short descriptions given to each search engine indicate what kind of resources and where you can get using them. Tech tips may also guide me through my Internet search though I’ve been aware of and tried some of them before (for example, omitting articles typing query in the search box).
I’ve always been wondering why we should distinguish between goal and objective. Of course, I supposed that goal implies a purpose in a broader, more general sense than objective. But now there is another type of objective which is completely new to me. ABCD objective… It helps me formulate my objective precisely including four significant ABCD elements. This model can be somehow like a reminder of what else to add or, on the contrary, to skip while planning your lesson, project or any task.
Discussions are also of great help to me since they can teach you a lot of things you haven’t known before. They make you strive for success doing your best towards your goals.  
I hope next week will be as fruitful and promising as this one. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Zarifa,

    I like the ABCD objectives, too, because they keep me focused. It's so easy to just say to myself, "Oh we'll work on plagiarism today" without really thinking it through clearly.

    Jodi, Oregon

    ReplyDelete