Monday, January 30, 2012

Week 3 - More Resources Lead to More Skills


Each week gets us closer to the implementation of our project. And it’s great since we learn a lot while building our web skills. This week has impressed me much with its articles dedicated to CALL; lesson plans available online, skill building websites and a social bookmarking site Delicious.com.
I like reading very much. Although I get greater pleasure from reading fiction, articles on CALL have broadened my outlook from the English teaching aspect. I often use MP3 speaker with downloaded Internet resources for listening activities in my lessons. So several kinds of listening exercises suggested can contribute to a better understanding of authentic materials. Besides esl.about.com that I’ve visited before, I got acquainted with One Stop English and ESL – galaxy.com sites for English language teaching and learning. They will help me to vary my lessons with a plenty of resources.  In addition to the above, websites for improving listening, pronunciation and speaking skills provoked my interest in applying some of them to my lessons.
After creating a blog at www.blogger.com creating a page at Delicious.com wasn’t so difficult. By bookmarking my favourite sites at Delicious I have a chance to access my links in case they are accidentally deleted or there’s no opportunity to use my computer but any other.
I’ve been thinking about what my final project will look like. Looking through the sample project reports I became aware of what I am expected to do. Now I’m a bit more confident than before because I guess it is impossible to accomplish any task without being well-informed of its details.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Zarifa,
    It seems you are about the project! In fact, I still have some inquiries about it we can share during this week on Nicenet.
    thanks for the sites you are sharing with us.
    Best regards,
    Nihmat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zarifa,

    I'm glad to hear you're feeling a bit more confident about the project now. There will still be plenty more information to help you as we go along.

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete