Friday, March 16, 2012

Week 10 - The Wonders of Technology


This final week seemed to pass very fast, especially when there was less pressure in managing its tasks which were easier in comparison with previous ones. I feel some relief  as a result of the work I did as part of the course and at the same time  I’m sad as I suppose I’ll miss discussions on Nicenet, reading and learning from my colleagues all over the world. It has been like an international exchange for me with many creative ideas, useful tips and great resources.
Through this course I acquired a lot of knowledge and skills related to integration of technologies into classroom. I like all topics brought up by our instructors Jodi and Sherie because I found in all of them something interesting for me, possibly appealing to my students and essential to enhance their language skills. Each opportunity including blog, skill-building websites, Delicious.com, PBL, WebQuests, rubrics, interactive PowerPoint, Nicenet, ANVILL, Google Sites, online exercises and many others is valuable for me because I familiarized myself with them, had experience trying many of them. I’d like to create a class blog or have my students create their blogs, organize discussions on Nicenet for them. I will definitely include online exercises into my lesson plans as they can be used online and offline. I also want to use PowerPoint presentations to introduce new topics to my students. In order to consolidate students’ knowledge of a broad topic and enhance their research and problem solving skills I'll try to create a WebQuest, this could be implemented as an extracurricular activity at any time during the academic year if there is lack of time due to my or the students’ busy schedule.
Of course, I’ll continue to explore the web’s opportunities to vary my lessons with technology resources appropriate to my students’ needs and share my ideas and skills gained during the course with other teachers. I hope all of us will work wonders with our students, while incorporating technology into classroom.

Thank you very much my dear teachers, Jodi and Sherie, for your guidance, advice, encouragement and hard work over ten weeks. I also appreciate my colleagues’ helpful suggestions and support and wish them all the best. 


3 comments:

  1. This might be my first bypass,but i believe you must be a dedicated teacher to try and keep on trying whatever aspect of technology available for the best of your students.So keep the good work and wish you all the luck with career and future plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zarifa,

    Yes, I can feel the sense of relief from all over the globe as this course finishes and all the participants are finally taking a deep breath and getting much needed sleep!

    I am so happy you've found so many new ideas to try. It has been wonderful getting to know you through this course!

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zarifa,

    All the best for your blog project. I'm sure it'll start off and end well.

    xx
    Nur

    ReplyDelete