Monday, March 5, 2012

Week 8 - A Challenging Week


I can’t believe that this week is over now. It was so busy and hard (especially for me with the frequent lack of electricity and when I managed that problem, there appeared another one, i.e., the internet connection at home was lost), at the same time the most fruitful in terms of gaining a lot through getting acquainted with ANVILL, discussions, project reports and tasks.
I like all the resources suggested for learning during this week. Among them the most unusual and new for me was ANVILL. I'm sad that I couldn't take part in webinar, but maybe next time I'll have a chance to participate in such kind of discussion. I think in order to use it properly and efficiently both teacher and students should have not only good computer skills, but also other technology related skills (working with webcam, making short video slides, etc.). Nevertheless I enjoyed looking through its opportunities and activities. They can so enrich students’ learning process if used in the appropriate way. You can record and even make a short video and upload it, that’s great!
Although I was late with my project report I managed to do it, so I’m glad. Then I did the peer review of my partners’ project reports. I hope that they won’t find my comments too critical. I wish them all the best, that’s why I tried to show them their weak points so that they would improve them.
I also posted my webquest on the wiki. I didn’t do this earlier because it needed some images to find and put on it.
And the last thing I did this week was creating interesting exercises through Hot Potatoes. It is also a great device to create your own exercises that will enhance students’ language skills by engaging them in funny and amusing activities. There are so many possibilities to teach and learn through the Internet that I wonder why some teachers are reluctant to spend their time and efforts on such valuable tool like computer and the Internet to achieve their goals in teaching. Otherwise, they and their students could benefit a lot from technology. I believe that using all tools and exercises presented on the course site will lead my students to better learning and high level of English knowledge. At least I hope so. 

1 comment:

  1. Zarifa, you had the most challenges of anyone this week with your power problems. I'm really impressed that you managed to do all the work, even without consistent internet access.

    You truly are dedicated, and I appreciate that!
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete